Help End Hunger in Oregon
You can also donate directly to your local food banks and pantries. Contact them prior to donating to ensure they are able to accept your food donations.
Food Insecurity in Oregon
- It is estimated that about 1 million Oregonians are food insecure – that equals close to 1 in 4 people experiencing food insecurity.
- At the end of 2019, around 10% of households statewide experienced food insecurity. In 2020, due to the economic crisis related to the COVID pandemic, food insecurity rose to at least double what it was.
- An estimated 25% of Oregonians experienced food insecurity in the last year.
- Hunger is at its highest level in almost a century - we are currently experiencing rates of hunger that equal those of the Great Depression in the 1930s.
- In 2020, food pantries that are part of the Oregon Food Bank network shared 57.7 million meals with community members in need.